Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lock Food (Shaking Down Mages for their Gold)

Cooking and fishing… Two of my favorite professions to level and use. In my endeavor to be self sufficient and capitalize on the laziness raiders time constraints, I plan on leveling my fishing with farming in mind.

If you don’t recall my farming method is easy.
1. Cast a 30 minute buff (Fel Armor).
2. After 30 minute see if I am still enjoying what I am doing.
3. Repeat as needed.

New farming, I do have a different approach.
1. Check WoWhead.com (or your preferred site) to see where item drops.
2. Cast 30 minute buff.
3. After 10 minutes I assess if drop rate matches my gold expectations.
4. If it does continue. If not adjust location, mob, or what I am farming.
5. After 30 minutes. STOP. Else I might never want to go back.

As we grow older out food choices change too. Where we use to have a lot of spell power foods available, apparently we have narrowed our tastes down to a few items. Currently casters have two spell power buff foods available to them. Both items provide an increase of 46 Spell Power and 40 Stamina for 1 hour.

Firecracker Salmon - Glacial Salmon plus Northern Spices.
Tender Shoveltusk Steak - 2X Shoveltusk Flank plus Northern Spices

Hit rating is also a priority for the level 80 instances. Casters didn’t have a hit rating food prior to 3.0. With the 3.0 hit rating change we had Spicy Hot Talbuk. The improved Wrath version is 40 Hit Rating and 40 Stamina for 1 hour

Snapper Extreme - 3X Bonescale Snapper plus Northern Spices

I am going to use my fishing leveling time to capitalize on my own raid consumables AND make some money off some raiders. Glacial Salmon and Bonescale Snapper both come from Grizzly Hills. That is a beautiful place to do some fishing and enjoy the shadows.

Dar be gold in dim dar hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment