Friday, December 19, 2008

Spirit = Kill More

So much.
Too much.
Constant changes.
Rethinking.
Reworking.
It looks the same.
All is different.

For warlocks the changes to gear stats in 3.0 was not really a big deal.

Spell Damage = Spell Power

So when you thought of your gear upgrades, things didn’t change because of the Spell Power change. What did change drastically was our Fel Armor.
Fel Armor - Surrounds the caster with fel energy, increasing spell power by X plus additional spell power equal to 30% of your Spirit. In addition, you regain 2% of your maximum health every 5 sec.
The key change was “30% of your Spirit” is converted to Spell Power.

0.3 * Spirit = Spell Power

Spirit is not completely useless for us now. We need to rethink how useful spirit as a stat is for us. I would NEVER tell a warlock to stack spirt. Ever. Ever. Ever. Just now is not completely useless. Any stat that that gives spell power is something to consider.

/y We have spirit. Yes we do. We have spirit how about you?!

I have been rolling this in my mind of late because locks DO have talents to increase our hit rating up to 3%, Suppression and Cataclysm. Even though I said I would stop putting points into those two talents. I am rethinking that choice. This gives me more room to play with the currently available gear.

When doing my gear comparisons I now have to consider spirit. If an item drops that had no hit rating on it, I do not completely dismiss the killability uses.

Lets look at my yummy gloves, Gloves of Glistening Runes.Spell power = 68 (Spell Power) + 0.30 * 44 (Spirit)

As a warlock I get 81.2 spell power from these gloves. Plus it has a yummy red gem slot. Depending on your budget that is a +14, +16, or +19 spell power gem. (I don’t think the +23 spell power gem is out yet. But I would be too cheap to get them right now away.)

So add spirit into your evaluation for a piece of gear. More hit rating can be just a respec away. Where a mage may pass up on an item because it has no hit rating on it…they may just be your windfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment