Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Monday, January 28, 2013
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
- Each warlock specialization has a unique secondary resource which allows them temporary surges in power.
- Affliction warlocks focus more on layering multiple periodic damage effects, and amplifying their effects, and use Soul Shards rotationally for strong damage, or occasionally for utility as before.
- Demonology warlocks now have a new Demonic Fury resource, instead of Soul Shards, which is built by casting their normal spells.
- Destruction warlocks now use Unstable Embers as a resource, which is built up slowly through casting their normal spells, and spent in bursts of massive damage.
- Warlocks no longer use armor spells, instead gaining additional armor and bonus health passively.
- All demons deal similar damage and are no longer linked to a specific spec.
- Doomguard, Infernal and Soulstone cooldowns reset upon wiping to a raid or dungeon boss.
From Wow Insider LINK
Account-wide Achievements, pets, and mounts
- In Patch 5.0.4 and beyond, the majority of your character's Achievements, pets, and mounts will be shared with your other characters.
World Event: Attack on Theramore Isle
- Warchief Garrosh, obsessed with assuring the Horde's supremacy over Kalimdor, launches an all-out attack against Jaina's island home of Theramore. Though valiant Alliance defenders rush to repel the sudden onslaught, they'll soon find themselves unprepared for the terrible scope of Garrosh's true plans...
- This Scenario will become available in the weeks leading up to the launch of Mists of Pandaria on September 25.
- Area of effect looting comes to World of Warcraft with this patch. After killing a group of enemies in close proximity, when you loot one of their corpses, the loot window will include items from all of the nearby corpses for which you have loot rights.
BattleTag support in World of Warcraft
Players who have enabled their BattleTag will now be able to:
- See BattleTag friends in your friends list.
- Add and remove BattleTag friends.
- Send BattleTag invites to other players via right-click.
- Players who have enabled their BattleTag will now be able to:
- In some zones, players are now able to form a group with other players from a select pool of realms.
- When a player is in a zone that is set as a "cross-realm zone", in addition to seeing other players from their native realm, they'll also seamlessly see (and be able to play with) players from other realms.
- Players will always be able to group and quest as they normally would with players from their native realm.
- This functionality will be enabled for a limited number of realms at first, and will be granted to additional realms as we near the release of Mists of Pandaria.
All classes have been updated with a new talent system, improved
abilities, and spells (accessible throughout levels 1-85). Your
character's talents have been reset.
- Many old talents have been converted to specialization abilities.
- Druids now have access to a fourth class specialization: Guardian.
- New spells are now learned automatically. Class trainers are only needed to change talents, glyphs, class specialization, or to utilize the dual specialization feature.
- All characters now take 40% less damage from other players.
- Valor points have been converted to Justice points, and Conquest points have been converted to Honor points.
- Neither of the resultant currencies (Justice and Honor) have an enforced hard-cap at this time.
- Players are no longer able to earn Valor or Conquest points (bosses drop Justice, and arenas are closed).
- Items formerly purchasable for Valor/Conquest are available for Justice/Honor.
- Spell Penetration has been replaced by PvP Power on existing items.
Head enchants removed
- Enchants that modify the gear in your head slot have been removed from the game. This includes older head enchants of every type.
Relics, ranged, and thrown items
- The slot in which ranged, relics, and thrown items were previously equipped has been removed. All weapons should now be equipped in the weapon slot.
- Ranged weapons, including wands, have been adjusted to be more powerful.
- Ranged weapons no longer have a minimum range.
- The glyph system has been updated. Many class glyphs have been added, altered, or moved to different glyph types.
- Prime glyphs have been removed.
- Chef's Award and Dalaran Cooking Award have been removed. Existing awards have been converted to Epicurean's Award.
- The cap for daily quests has been removed.
- There is no longer a displayed count of daily quests completed.
- There is a new user interface for your mounts and pets.
- Character creation screens have been updated.
- Buffs have been consolidated in the UI.
- New roll results frame added. This new feature can be accessed by clicking the word "[Loot]" in chat, or by typing "/loot".
- The PvE queue frames have been unified. You can now queue for dungeons, raids, and other queue-able content in one handy place.
- Vendors now offer item filtering.
- Spellbooks have been updated to reflect changes to core abilities, and now include a brief overview of specializations.
- The Dungeon Journal has been expanded with information on all pre-Cataclysm encounters.
- A new help system has been added to many frames. You can toggle this on and off by clicking the "i" button in the upper left corner of the frame.
- Mac OS X 10.5 is no longer supported.
- Added full support for Retina displays.
- Added support for game resolutions that match Mac screen aspect ratios.
- Switching between Windowed and Fullscreen display modes should be faster.
- A "Help" menu has been added, so that players can quickly navigate to support pages.
- A menu item that allows players to copy system information to the Clipboard has been added.
- A menu item that reveals various game files and folders in Finder has been added.
Friday, August 24, 2012
I have been running Dragon Soul regularly and podcasting more often then that. Balancing RL, which includes sleep, with Warcraft, has been fun in a way. I had to realize what is the most important part of the game for me. Then had to look at what I had time to actually do in game.
All in all I am happy with my game time in Cata. Each level of content I was able to play a little more. So not really attending any of the initial raids to almost weekly for Dragon Soul.
I have a great guild to make that happen.
I joke that I was the third alt for our 10 man. If everyone showed up there would still be 2 more people to be alted in before I was. It all worked out though. Because we are a casual guild we swap out a lot more and it gave some people a chance to rest or do other things.
The group got heroic Dragon Soul 8/8 a few weeks ago. Last we we were to do H Spine and Deathwing for the few who were not there. Well while doing other achievements for people we found out the hard way you need H Boat to get H Spine. We were all pissed. We would have never done the Boat achievement if we realized it beforehand. So it is on the plate for this week.
With 5.0.4 loaded yesterday ... I became frustrated. All my addons broke. And where Husband was able to load some workable updates, they didn't work for me.
I will have to see if I can get it together for raid tonight. I want to attend for H Spine and Deathwing.
I'm excited by the new content but hate the addon shuffle that comes with it. I love my addon writers to much to chagrin the time they need to get it done. /waits impatiently
Friday, December 2, 2011
- Blizzard with video of animation LINK
- Wowhead Item LINK
- Wowhead Guide LINK
- Flying to Wyrmrest Tower in Dragonblight will not get you the quest. I repeat the NPC will not have a quest for you in Northrend.
- The quest starts with Lord Afrasastrasz in the raid. Make sure you are in the Dragon Soul raid instance to get the quest.
- You cannot pickpocket Hagara, the 4th boss, for the quest while doing LFG.
- You can pickpocket Hagara after killing the
secondthird boss in your own raid.
- The ring will charge while you are LOGGED OFF. It is not 12 hours ingame.
- While stealthing through Ravenholdt Manor make use of Sap.
- Shadowstep is helpful when trying to get through the Manor.
- Assassinate Creed quest can be a pain. Make sure you interrupt Blackhowl's Will. If you don't it sucks up all your energy.
- Get something to tell you when he is casting Blackhowl's Will. Power Auras would be really good. But I am sure there are other options. You can even make the target cast bar really big. ... Or you can do as Husband did... get the Hydra WoW Addon who stands over your shoulder to /YELL KICK 'EM!!!!
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
/dramatically shakes fist at Blizzard. (Realizes no one thinks she is funny.)
This is a really good sign. This tells me that the balance is good with the 3 different specs. Beyond that the developers are able to spend more time on getting MoP out to us next year.
One raid came out and three new heroics are now available. It will be fun to see what the encounters designers are going to give us. This is the last major patch before an expansion. So take small bites of the new content.
With the new gear released they converted the points. If your Valor points + Justice Points was more then 4000 you may have lost some. BUT then make sure you go spend some points before doing any dungeons.
I don't feel like regurgitating the sparce patch notes for warlocks here today. I will give you some links if you are intching for more info. If it is really important for me to do that in to future you are going to have to let me know.
The Warlock's Den Patch 4.3 post LINK
Wowwiki Patch 4.3 notes LINK
Blizzard's Notes LINK
Friday, November 18, 2011
Everything woke me up.
Things that never woke me up did.
The first few nights I had the baby monitor on. And I think when The Spawn would sneeze it would wake me.
I learned that first week to turn OFF the baby monitor. Never used it since. Mostly because we have a small place.
The Spawn was a sleep talker. She also would fuss sometimes and go back to sleep. I didn't need to hear either.
You can hear the difference in your child's cry. There is a definite difference to “I'm tired and up, but don't want to be” cry versus the “I don't want to be by myself” cry. The first I learned to ignore so she would go back to sleep, the second I would go get her.
Have you heard of night time diapers? These are specially made diapers with extra padding for longer sleep periods. Someone gave us a bag.
They are expensive!
Side note... Diapers are really expensive but I found Baby Cheapskate early on and has bee a money saver.
I started using one size up diapers and got the same results.
That also made me watch prices for the bigger diapers. I could snag them in bulk if a good deal happened.
The bigger diapers definitely helped for a longer nights sleep as she got older.
- ► 2011 (22)
- ► 2010 (87)
- ► 2009 (193)
- Abi @ Shadow Word: Blog (Fear.Win)
- Amijade @ Warlockery.com
- Arthin @ A Warlock's Diary
- Bansidhe @ Musings from an Angry Bansidhe
- Elleiras @ Fel Fire
- Ellspeth @ Team Ratshag
- Fallenman @ L2Warlock
- Frijona @ Blog of Corruption
- Fulguralis @ Killing 'em Slowly
- Horns @ Yet Another Warlock Nerf
- Kahleena @ Fel Deeds Awake!
- Kikidas @ More dots! More dots!
- Nibuca @ Mystic Chicanery
- Oathbreaker @ Dressed to Cuddle
- Pos @ Gnometastic
- Queklain @ The Stoppable Force
- Richard @ Looking For Group
- Sar @ Destructive Reach
- SavageX @ Deathcoil.org
- Sibyll @ Sibyll the Warlock
- T-Sonn @ Melted Faces
- TJ @ Temerity Jane
- You want others, go here...