Sunday, December 14, 2008

HIT ME MORE

AKA…the promised post... OMG I GOT HIT GEAR.

Picked Up

Legwraps of Sweltering Flame
After doing my wowhead search for leggings, I went back and picked up the Legwraps of Sweltering Flame. Looking at the database, the other hit rating leggings come from raids. I was happy to spend the 100 Badges of Justice for them. I am going to keep my eye out for a pair of pure DPS leggings. But I have yet to see any drop, so I may craft myself up some.

Flameheart Spell Scalpel
While running The Culling of Stratholme the Tome of Salramm dropped which is a very nice off hand. Problem… no hit rating. Also the main and off hand would have to be pretty big upgrades to be better then my Chilly Slobberknocker I received for fighting in the Amphitheater of Anguish. LOCKSMACKDOWN. *clears throat*.

Granted I needed Kirin Tor reputation to revered, luckily I was already working toward that for my head enhancement, Arcanum of Burning Mysteries.

Ward of the Violet Citadel
I know the dagger was to go with my great drop. I quickly replaced my Tome with another off-hand I could get. Once I searched… and knew about it. That is what I get for shopping. This off hand takes 25 Emblem of Heroisms to purchase.

Robes of Lightning
Completing Halls of Lightning quest “Whatever it Takes!” gives you this very nice chest piece. I opened the Sons of Hodir reputation out in Storm Peaks for the helm enhancement, so I just continued till I got this quest.

Voodoo Signet
This ring is a Gundrak quest reward from completing “For Posterity”. I like Gundrak, reminds me of Sunken Temple ... but better.

Drops

Mark of the War Prisoner
Only drop I was shocked to see. This is the Wrath version of the BC’s Scryer's Bloodgem. This has 73 hit rating and an on use ability. This little doodad drops off Cyanigosa in Violet Hold (Heroic).

Cape of Seething Steam
Drops off of Volkhan in Halls of Lightning. There is actually an identical non-drop you can pick up from the Ebon Blade at Honored called Dark Soldier Cape.

Belt of Unified Souls
Drop off Meathook in The Culling of Stratholme (Heroic).

Wand of the San'layn
This wand dropped off of Prince Keleseth in Utgarde Keep (Heroic). I was in group with two warriors, a pally, and a death night. It was a nice treat to have it uncontested.


No Changes

Mantle of the Corruptor
Still one of the best pieces of gear with hit rating. I am actually glad about that because of how much fun it was to get. Also, this is an easy visual for me to tell if I am in the correct gear for a fight. I need to re-gem with Wrath ones.

Fused Nethergon Band
I just have not received a ring to upgrade this one. *thinks* maybe I do have a pure dps one in the bags somewhere for my 5-man set. But it is absolutely in my Hit set for a while.

Now what

In my full hit gear, I have 426 hit rating, 1772 spell damage, and 10.45% crit chance. For heroics I reduce that hit to 213 hit rating, 1843 spell power, and 14.45% crit chance. I should be fully enchanted. With so many gear changes I lose track.

If I have minimal choices for gear with hit rating, I am NOT going to consider hit rating. There are some pieces that I have been completely disappointed in available hit rating gear, like boots. *mumbles about men not understanding about shoes* I will just get the best DPS boots I can get.

I am also making the choice to NOT put in hit gems. I am doing this because I am lucky to be climbing up the hit rating chart. The drops made that happen, particularly the trinket. With that said, I need to re-gem my shoulders, I may gem them for hit rating since it is part of that set.

I am also moving points out of Suppression because for the runs that I am currently doing it is not helping me. If I do randomly go to Naxx I will about a 1% miss chance. If we go to a 10/25 man it will be glass chewing.

I have made the Hydra decision that 1% miss potential is acceptable. If someone doesn’t like it

TO BAD GTFO!!!

I mean it is easily fixed with a respect with points back into Suppression.

No comments:

Post a Comment