Friday, August 21, 2015

Choosing the Second

I have been watching the Prius line since it was released in 2001. I would have never bought it then. But over time that changed.

I TRIED to be open.

I looked at a lot of cars in the last 6 years. After 11, 12, ...17 years I was expecting my Corolla to die on the side of the road at some point.

As you can see in my description of my Corolla I really do look at cars as a mode of transportation. I was looking to replace it with a little bit more room in the back.

I changed my mind a dozen times between brands and models.

The Prius V came out in 2012. IT WAS PERFECT!!

But the price... (I am so price sensitive I pull out a calculator at the fast food place to really see if those “Meal Deals” are actually deals.)

I didn’t see the need to spend more than $20,000 on a car. Maybe I could afford more but ...why?

Every feature car sellers put in front of me was another thing to break over time. In 10 years would that Tech be relevant? I was not excited about anything except the safety features and fuel mileage changes.

Then I looked at how much I drive. Household situation change and the Math decided me.

No comments:

Post a Comment