Thursday, March 19, 2009

Stop the Whining

If you have never seen the boss.
If your group has never seen the boss.
If you read that the boss is technical.
If you see that you cannot just over power the boss.
If the fight is not a simple tank and spank.
If a large group has not seen the boss pass 40%.
If you wipe 3 times.

The boss is not “hard” you just don’t have the experience. The raid did not know what phase 1, then phase 2, then phase 3 looked like. So do your role. Or get out.

Don’t go on Vent and say things like “This guy is a bitch.”, “This is impossible”, “This is HARD.”. or “We cannot do this.”

Constructive input please.

I have always been in the perspective of “If you can do it. I can do it better.” Or at least succeed at it too. So get out of my raid.

Remember new fights are a challenge. Remember what Pre Mag’s Lair nerf versus post nerf Mag’s Lair. I am thinking that a new group going into Mag’s Lair today would still find it a bit challenging.

Blackwing Lair, Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj, Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, Serpentshrine Cavern, The Eye, Mount Hyjal, Black Temple, Sunwell Plateau … all just might be still challenging the first time through. If you are not up for the challenge… get out of my raid.

5 comments:

  1. In fact, if it wasn't for the challenge I think this game would be a lot less popular. There certainly are too many people who think every boss should go down on the first try nowadays, but I in fact enjoy learning fights and improving until we overcome a challenging fight. That's what the game is for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. /agree - there is no better moment than a first kill on a boss you struggled to learn. One shotting the first time is so unsatisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah!

    I just don't get how people can go through this again and again and NOT get that they will need to "learn the fight" on each new boss.

    I feel your pain!

    Sometimes I just wanna reach through that series of tubes and smack someone. Or set their shoelaces on fire. Something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yes, that last sentence of my previous comment could be a vague innuendo. Or not, you decide. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all see this around us. Because I made an effort to PuG more (which I have again stopped) I was shocked how prevalent the whining was in raids.

    I tend to throw myself at boss fights over and over again as long as I feel progress is being made.

    ReplyDelete