This maybe the last of the lock buffs for a while. I have been shocked by the ones we have been getting.Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am waiting for the stick.
With the start of Season 8 the rewards for Season 7 Arena should be out. I wonder what title I will be getting? I was informed that old pvp titles are removed and new ones replaces them. So you don’t get to accumulate them like in PvE. Not sure of the accuracy of this. Still it will pretty cool for a while.
The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/ or over at MMO-Champion.
Dungeons & Raids
Halls of Stone
* Brann Bronzebeard has been getting into shape and now feels comfortable walking faster when escorted. //Win!
The Forge of Souls
* The Devourer of Souls will now cast Mirrored Souls less often. //Nerf brought to you by the nub pug near you.
* The Spell Reflect ability has been altered on several creatures. It now has a cast time, only has 2 charges, and has a 75% chance of reflecting spells. // Admittedly … I cannot see the reflect shield, I have my window scrolled back far. It is almost guaranteed that I will try to kill myself. I have seen me have all 4 dots on myself before realizing it.
* Anomalus will now use the Create Rift ability only once, down from 3 times. //Which will make getting the Chaos Theory achievement for this boss much easier.
The Old Kingdom
* Elder Nadox now only gets one Ahn'Kahar Guardian during the encounter. //How much are we nerfing the heroic instance bosses for bad pugs? They will never learn. I wish there was actually a boss ability description. Like a tip before a boss fight in your chat frame. /sigh They will never learn.
* Jadoga Shadowseeker now only ascends once during the encounter. //Boooooooring
* Several enemies between the Befouled Terrace and The Desecrated Altar have been removed or had their pathing altered. //How funny is it to watch a mage die from standing in Flame Strike. Good times.
Pit of Saron
* Players can now zone back into the instance if they are dead while encounters with Krick and Ick or Forgemaster Garfrost are in progress. //Stop standing in stuffs so you don’t die. Or be at melee as a healer. /facepalm
* Skadi the Ruthless can now be removed from his drake with 3 harpoon strikes, down from 5. //Boooooring
* Svala Sorrowgrave now casts Ritual of the Sword 1 time during the encounter, down from 3. //So this is actually good for me. I have this tendency to .. umm… after the boss is killed… umm… stand under the big black sword. It kills me of course. It is just mesmerizing to me.
Vault of Archavon
* Toravon, the latest boss to join the Vault's giants and masters of the elements, is now accepting challengers in 10- and 25-player formats. // A reason to go to Vault. Nice. Though. If you actually need the lesser gear in here, no one wants to kill the other bosses.
The Violet Hold
* The time between a boss being defeated and a new portal opening has been decreased. // Less time to go AFK
* Season 8 has officially begun featuring all-new rewards. //Season 7 I should have gotten an Arena Title!! I wonder what it will be.
* Shadow Embrace: This effect can now stack up to 3 times, up from 2. However, the periodic healing reduction effect has been reduced from 3/6/9/12/15% to 2/4/6/8/10% per application. //For the math impaired. old max and new max healing effect was not changed. But damage is now 3/6/9/12/15% per talent point. This may change your initial boss rotation to ensure 3 stacks are on before throwing up your dots. SB>SB>Haunt>start dots.
* Demonic Pact: The damage bonus granted the warlock by this talent has been increased from 1/2/3/4/5% to 2/4/6/8/10%. The buff granted to a raid or party by this talent remains unchanged.
* Conflagrate: The damage-over-time effect of Conflagrate has been increased to 40% of the spell's total damage, up from 20%.
* Empowered Imp: The pet bonus damage provided by this talent has been increased to 10/20/30%, up from 5/10/15%.
* Improved Shadow Bolt: Damage done by Shadow Bolt increased by 2/4/6/8/10%, up from 1/2/3/4/5%. //Most PvE specs have this ... More SB damage is always a good thing.
* The party leader is now referred to as Guide in chat when a group is formed via the Dungeon Finder. //Really was this change needed?
* Fixed a bug where players with Raid Assist capabilities were unable to perform a Ready Check. //Excellent.
* Fixed a bug where the first couple of tutorials were not displaying upon logging into the game. //Welcome new players!