As soon as the announcement that epic gems will be available from Titanium Ore in patch 3.2 I started stockpiling. I bought ore in the auction house anywhere from 5 to 10 gold apiece.
When the patch 3.2 came out I had 1,860 pieces of ore to be prospected.I found a nice guildie Jewelcrafter who would prospect them for me. I told him I had a ton of ore. More specifically described as a bank tab full.
|Eye of Zul||12|
| || |
| || |
I received 89 epic gems. Just under 4.8% of the ore produced epics. This was a lot higher then I expected.
I am not a JC and am only selling the raw gems. Some things I kept in mind.
- New emblem and instance gear will last for an estimated 5-7 weeks, then there will be less demand.
- I didn’t want to end up having to vendor the green gems. Sell them hard and fast.
- Vendor green gems are an option if AH doesn’t look to be working. (But have yet to.)
- Alchemists can transmute uncut superior gems to create epic gems.
- Epic gems will be high the first few days then drop below where they will norm out in a few weeks.
- Keep an eye out for sellers who will severely undercut for quick epic gem resell opportunities.
- Titanium Powder is a boon. Don’t undersell. People will be buying powder for a lot longer then the gear is going to be farmed from the ToC.
- Titanium Ore can now be sold for 15-16 gold a piece.
- I am already seeing a slowness in the gem market.
I have less then a stack of each of the green gems left. So far I am having luck at selling green gems at pre patch 3.2 prices.
It took me a day or two to realize that Titanium Powder was used for buying the epic JC patterns. A few stacks made good payment to my jewelcrafters as a thank you.
Now I am back to normal business. I don’t need to go for outside help. It was sure a wild ride.