Monday, October 6, 2008

Leveling that Alt

Have you noticed how much alt leveling there is going on? My guild has had 14 or more individuals online at once. Each of us was on an alt.

Husband took 11 months to level his rogue. He leveled all his professions as he leveled, including his fishing. When we started talking about him leveling himself another toon I wanted him to avoid this long journey to max level. I remembered Nibuca mentioning the addon TourGuide.

I got him to start using TourGuide. Off he went and is leveling very steadily.

The add-ons we are using for leveling are:
Tourguide - Lists and shows which quests to pick up and in what order for efficient travel.
LightHeaded - Mini wowhead ingame.
TomTom - Simple waypoint arrow.

For a new player I would never ever recommend a leveling guide. Depending on the player I may suggest lightheaded with tomtom after the first 20-25 levels. If this player was already alt-tab researching to find quest information I would highly recommend them.

One of my guildies checked out TourGuide after he kept hearing Husband say “But the guide says to go here.” He was skeptical about the addon. This was his sixth alt he was planning to level. But Husband was using it and they planned on leveling together. He downloaded it to see what Husband was referring too. He started a shammie and used it from level 1 and is now in the mid-50s. He stating to me after the first 30 levels that he will never level another alt without this addon.

Honestly, more you use it the more you trust the guide. We stopped to do Raene’s Cleansing to get the Dartol's Rod of Transformation. The guide had us open the Noggenfogger Elixir, so we can go back and get more. We also got the Sprite Darter Hatchling and Mechanical Chicken. So I have been having a lot of fun doing the selected quests.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of questhelper for exactly the same reasons.

    /agree never again without

    ReplyDelete