Every call I make saves another dollar.
I needed it.
I have never been one to naturally talk on the phone. Though I have had jobs that it was something I did regularly. The actual process of dialing inhibits me. Once on the phone I am great! But dialing?
My arms start to ache and everything is more important than calling… even sorting through receipts, scrubbing the toilet, and cleaning my closet.
Knowing myself I did a few things.
First, I started calling at the bottom. The last, and farthest away dealer from me.
Second, I called the first dealer on my list. This was the closest dealer to me.
Third, I called the second to last dealer.
… I worked my way to the middle.
This helped a lot.
When calling the 13 Dealers on my list I started to get exhausted after 8. But seeing those 5 dealers, with the beginning and end done, I couldn’t not call the middle!
I started calling at 10 AM and finished all my calling at 11:30 AM. It took me 90 minutes to call the 13 Dealers. It worked out to about 7 minutes each. This included the messages left, received, and the call backs.
By the third person I talked to I realized “Internet Sales Manager” was a useless request. I felt whichever Salesperson was available I was given to. I still asked because it was something to say.
Things Dealers did:
- Tried to talk me out of buying from them because they were “too far”.
- Wouldn’t give me a price quote unless I was physically at the dealer.
- Convince me to look at another car.
- Gave price quote over the phone when I asked for email.
- Said “okey dokey”.
- Never returned message after 3 calls.
- Willing to pay gas for me to come get it.
- “You have the same exact amount of Prius V Threes in stock for the last 2 weeks.”
- “If I wanted an experience I would go to Disneyland”