Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Hardest Part

On every sheet of my spreadsheet I put a statement...

Every call I make saves another dollar.

I needed it.

I have never been one to naturally talk on the phone. Though I have had jobs that it was something I did regularly. The actual process of dialing inhibits me. Once on the phone I am great! But dialing?

My arms start to ache and everything is more important than calling… even sorting through receipts, scrubbing the toilet, and cleaning my closet.

Knowing myself I did a few things.
First, I started calling at the bottom. The last, and farthest away dealer from me.
Second, I called the first dealer on my list. This was the closest dealer to me.
Third, I called the second to last dealer.
… I worked my way to the middle.

This helped a lot.

When calling the 13 Dealers on my list I started to get exhausted after 8. But seeing those 5 dealers, with the beginning and end done, I couldn’t not call the middle!

I started calling at 10 AM and finished all my calling at 11:30 AM. It took me 90 minutes to call the 13 Dealers. It worked out to about 7 minutes each. This included the messages left, received, and the call backs.

By the third person I talked to I realized “Internet Sales Manager” was a useless request. I felt whichever Salesperson was available I was given to. I still asked because it was something to say.

Things Dealers did:
  • Tried to talk me out of buying from them because they were “too far”.
  • Wouldn’t give me a price quote unless I was physically at the dealer.
  • Convince me to look at another car.
  • Gave price quote over the phone when I asked for email.
  • Said “okey dokey”.
  • Never returned message after 3 calls.
  • Willing to pay gas for me to come get it.
Things I said:
  • “You have the same exact amount of Prius V Threes in stock for the last 2 weeks.”
  • “If I wanted an experience I would go to Disneyland”

No comments:

Post a Comment